George walks in on besties Julia and Emily having their regular girl talk.
I feel like the werewolf genre just makes werewolves generic bad asses too often without exploring some of the pitfalls of being a werewolf….like not wanting to rip your nice clothes because you gotta tear off a dude’s face. (To be fair, she normally would wear clothes that aren’t as nice, but it was an emergency.)
I’m working on pulling together a lengthy werewolf comic story, and this is sort of a little test comic to see if I can deal with drawing werewolves constantly. (Not a problem. It’s super fun to draw werewolves.)
so everybody knows that all the alpha kids are associated with a noble gas
well today i just couldn’t help but to notice
that bromine is right next to dirk’s noble gas, krypton.
As some of you might already have guessed, I’m a fan of Japanese girl idols. One of the many, many idol groups in existence today in Japan is NMB48, a Osaka-based spin-off group of the (in)famous AKB48. NMB has a weekly show that’s surprisingly entertaining as well as educational…
It’s time again
"Tunak Tunak Tun" (Punjabi: ਤੁਣਕ ਤੁਣਕ ਤੁਣ) or "Tunak", is a bhangra/pop love song by Indian artist Daler Mehndi released in 1998. At the time, critics complained that Mehndi’s music was only popular due to his videos that featured beautiful women dancing. Mehndi’s response was to create a video that featured only himself.
also gosh the lyrics to this are actually really sweet & great i never realised
OH i FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG
If Day is simultaneously the most impressive fundraising effort Canada performed during WW2 and also one of the most terrifying.
February 19, 1942.
From 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM 3500 Winnipeg Riflemen and thousands of civilian volunteers staged a mock invasion of Winnipeg in German uniforms, featuring hours of early morning “firefights” with police and Canadian troops in the outskirts and urban areas of the city, “tank combat”, and staged bombings of the city.
"German Forces" "kidnapped" members of parliament, renamed the city Himmlerstadt, and imposed "martial law" and curfew over the city.
Newspaper salesmen were arrested and their “Canadian Propaganda” was destroyed (with recompense after the fact). A book burning was held outside the municipal library - any and all objecters were sent to an “internment camp”. Any canadian currency found was confiscated and replaced with mock German currency. A public decree was broadcast over radio and handed out to citizens throughout the city:
- This territory is now a part of the Greater Reich and under the jurisdiction of Col. Erich Von Neuremburg, Gauleiter of the Fuehrer.
- No civilians will be permitted on the streets between 9:30 pm and daybreak.
- All public places are out of bounds to civilians, and not more than 8 persons can gather at one time in any place.
- Every householder must provide billeting for 5 soldiers.
- All organizations of a military, semi-military or fraternal nature are hereby disbanded and banned. Girl Guide, Boy Scout and similar youth organizations will remain in existence but under direction of the Gauleiter and Storm troops.
- All owners of motor cars, trucks and buses must register same at Occupation Headquarters where they will be taken over by the Army of Occupation.
- Each farmer must immediately report all stocks of grain and livestock and no farm produce may be sold except through the office of the Kommandant of supplies in Winnipeg. He may not keep any for his own consumption but must buy it back through the Central Authority in Winnipeg.
- All national emblems excluding the Swastika must be immediately destroyed.
- Each inhabitant will be furnished with a ration card, and food and clothing may only be purchased on presentation of this card.
- The following offences will result in death without trial
- Attempting to organize resistance against the Army of Occupation
- Entering or leaving the province without permission.
- Failure to report all goods possessed when ordered to do so.
- Possession of firearms.
No one will act, speak or think contrary to our decrees.
As more and more money was raised, Canadian troops would “reclaim” sectors of the city, until Winnipeg was finally secured from the German threat.
As could be expected, donations poured in from throughout the city to “free” Winnipeg, resulting in 3 million CAD being raised (43 Million CAD today) within a 12 hour period. In the entire fundraising period, over 60 million CAD were raised in Winnipeg (858 MILLION CAD today) an astonishing total.
Without a doubt, the terror of If Day was effective - not only did it strengthen Canada’s national resolve to stand up to the aggressor, but as well to not let one German step foot on Canadian soil, lest If Day become a reality.
What would Jesus not do?
Things Jesus would do:
- Flip tables
- Turn water into fine wine to save your wedding party
- Tell the weather outside to STOP
- Curse trees for producing shitty fruit
- Bring people back from the dead
- Go fishing
- Give you food
- Whatever the hell he wants to on the Sabbath
- Make furniture
- Walk across the ocean because you need to stop
This…is the best
As Stalkingstalkerthatstalks said: Canon Jesus is better than fanon Jesus.
Canon Jesus is better than fanon Jesus.
CAN I GET THAT ON A TSHIRT
Fanon Jesus is a white guy who hugs lambs
Canon Jesus is a sassy middle eastern guy who hung out with prostitudes and spread peace and acceptance of everyone
who also hugged lambs
Let’s talk about the difference between Sousuke’s and Seijurou’s point of view about the same thing.